Here are some common issues users experience with the password reset process, and how to resolve them:
1. When requesting a password reset link, the email never shows up:
- Ensure that the email has not gone into your spam/junk folder. If it cannot be located in your normal inbox, there's a chance your email provider has filtered it into your spam/junk folder.
- If it's not in your spam/junk folder - check your "All Mail" folder.
- If it cannot be located anywhere in your inbox, try requesting another password reset link at startribune.com/password
- If no emails continue to arrive, open a support ticket here: Login Help
2. When clicking on the password reset link, it asks for an "Old Password":
- If you are being prompted for an old password in order to reset your password, it means that you are logged in, and have been brought to your Member Center page.
- Try going to startribune.com/logout to log out from our site, and then request a new password reset link to start the process again.
3. After logging out, it still prompts for an "Old Password":
- In this case, it's likely that there is an issue with the cookies in your browser that are preventing you from fully logging out. You will want to clear the cookies from your browser.
- If you are unsure of how to do so, here's a directory where you can find instructions for completing that process based on your device and browser: Clearing Cookies
- After clearing the cookies, try the password reset process over again, and upon successfully completing that process, you should get automatically signed back in.
If these steps do not help, please feel free to open a support ticket here: Login Help