Metro Single Copy Returns Policy
Who has to return unsold copies?
- All retailers in the metro area
Why do unsold copies have to be returned?
- Evaluate daily sales to optimally set the number of copies you receive
- Prevent coupon fraud
- Ensure your invoice is accurate
How to return unsold copies
- If your location is not open during Star Tribune delivery, Star Tribune personnel will likely pick up Returns once per week. Keep ALL unsold copies until they are picked up each week. (If you and your carrier have worked out an alternate daily plan to retrieve Returns, please stick to the current plan.)
- If your location is not open during Star Tribune delivery, Star Tribune personnel may install a lockbox and pick up returns and deliver to that green outdoor box every day.
- If your location is open during Star Tribune delivery, Star Tribune personnel may pick up unsold papers daily and replace them with the current newspaper for each product that is delivered.
- Unsold newspapers should be kept in a secure location separated by date and edition (Star Tribune and any other newspaper product) until Star Tribune personnel picks them up.
Still have questions?
Thank you for your business.